Tutorial for Bright Eye Effect
Instructions for PSPXI (can be adapted to CS3)
I chose a picture that the eyes were the focal point, this is the facial feature I wanted to capture and make pop out from the page.
1. Create a New Image: Go to File > New
2. Flood Fill new image with white
3. Copy and Paste Photo onto new Image / arrange where you want the photo
4. Go to Adjust > Brightness and Contrast > Levels
Threshold 68/137 (each photo will require a different setting. Play with the settings to achieve the desired effect.)
5. Select and delete area you want to erase with your magic wand. There may be some little areas left to clean up use your eraser tool to clean it up some.
6. Finally to make it pop even more on your photo layer, duplicate layer and use blend mode hardlight. It really makes this particular picture just pop right out of the page….