Saturday, November 10, 2018

I don't fit in anymore

I usually don't post negative stuff on this blog, but I needed an outlet to write down my feelings.  The .last couple of months I've been feeling like I don't fit in anywhere in the scrapping world.

Since coming back from vacation and creating my photo book of our trip, I fell in love with the clean minimalist style and wanted to give it a try.  I found a site that the scrappers are really good at putting together those types of layouts, I immersed myself there, did the challenges, tried to learn what makes a layout work. 

I guess I now feel stuck between the two styles of artsy verses clean and just can't get back on track.  Most of the layouts I'm creating now just aren't up to my idea of a good layout.  In fact one of the layouts I posted here just last week I decided to delete since it was so bad.

I've decided to not do as many of the challenges, they have seemed to be the cataylist for the poor layouts.  Most people embrace them and grow in their art, but I seem to be going backwards and not creating what I want to create.  I'm going back to what I do best and showcase the grandkids, express my feelings and thoughts. creating memories for my family to enjoy!

Thanks for listening/reading
Fran


No comments: