Sunday, March 4, 2018

Anna Color Challenge 03.2.18-3.15.18

I actually used the color swatch that Adryane provided and added one more color (white).  I created the vertical shape by using the rectangle shape tool and filled in each one with a color from the swatch.  I then reduced the opacity to various degrees.  I placed my photo behind the shapes and used the gradient map to make the color of the photo pop a bit more and show through the vertical shapes a bit better.  I then added a new layout and used the gradient fill going horizontal with the darker blue color being the base and fading out to clear opacity.  I did reduce the opacity so the blue would be subtle on the photo.

Next I created the triangle shapes and played with the opacity as well as making some of them chevrons.  I filled these with white and lowered the opacity.  I duplicated the triangles and made them 100 opacity and reduced the size a bit so the lower triangles would show.  I clipped one of the papers from Anna's Evanscent artplay palette, because I liked the texture of it.

I finished off with a cluster of flowers and wordart.  So not only did I use the color pallet, but I combined a modern minimalist design with a more feminine soft feel (flowers), trying to go beyond my normal type of layout.

Thank you Anna for the push to do something different.

No comments: