Monday, January 15, 2018

2017 - Defining Moment


2017 was just a blur to me, it was a year of work, going home,3 and more work.  But one of the events that stood out for me was our vacation to France.  The first part of our trip was amazing, we saw little communities from the coastal region all the way to the heart of Paris.  I wish I could say that I loved every minute of our trip, but I didn't.  The last couple of days should have been the best, we were in the heart of Paris, the most romantic city in the world and I couldn't enjoy it!

The first day there, we walked from our hotel room along the Seine to the Eiffel tower.  Due to my weight and coach potato life style the last few years, I was in misery.  It was hot, my bursitis in my hips were getting painful with all the walking that we had done.  My feet were swollen (painfully so) and I had to stop now and then to rest along the way.  We finally made it to the Eiffel tower, Jim was eager to tackle the climb to the top, me not so much.  Taking the elevator to the top, we took in the views and were ready to go down again.  My darling husband, ever the eager tourist wanted to take the stairs down, I accommodated his wants not wanting to put a damper on the trip.

This was my breakdown moment, I realized that my weight once again had gotten in the way of enjoying this vacation, I needed to lose weight and get into shape.  I vowed that day I would do something about it.  Since that day I have lost over 40 lbs. and still need to lose another 60 lbs.  I feel so much better and have more confidence in myself.

So, with eagerness and confidence I face 2018 knowing that I'm well on my way to reaching my goals of weight loss and wellness I've set for myself.

No comments: