Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Embrace the Magic


I did a layout with this story a few years ago.  But I love this memory so much I just had to do another one.....
 
Merry Christmas to all my friends and family....
 
 
Christmas Magic by Anna Aspnes
Doily Overlay #3 by Anna Aspnes

 Journaling:

It all began when I was ten years old.  My nose pressed against the window of the local dance shop, displayed amongst all the frilly little tutus were the prettiest little pair of pink satin toe shoes I had ever seen.  I ran home right away to tell mom I found the perfect Christmas present for me.

From that day on ballet became the most important thing in my life.  For the next two years, I did nothing but breath, eat, and sleep ballet.  At night I would dream I was the next Clair in the Nutcracker Suite or dance the role of Giselle, and of course I danced with the grace of a feather floating in the air. 

The first year was a dream come true, mom had signed me up for ballet, I practiced, practiced and practiced some more, I loved ballet, the graceful, way of being able to  express yourself in movement.  I couldn’t wait to come home from school and turn on the music and create my own dances.

The second year I met a friend, she became my best friend.  To spend time with her I started missing my dance classes, all of a sudden, dance was not the most important thing in my life.  Mary and I had discovered boys!  My dream of becoming a dancer was set aside for a time.

As for that little girl that had, her nose pressed against the window so very long ago.  She is still around somewhere.  She comes out of hiding whenever she sees the Nutcracker on TV.  Her eyes light up just like a Christmas tree and she remembers how it was when she floated through the air as light as a feather….

No comments: